- "Oh, yeah! Whoo!"
- —Al Oft, Cars
Al Oft is a recurring minor character in the Cars series. He is a blimp that works for the Piston Cup racing series and soars high above the sky during Piston Cup races, advertising for Lightyear, the official tire brand of the Piston Cup.
Cars: The Video Game
In Cars: The Video Game, Al Oft can be seen during Piston Cup races, flying high above the stadiums.
Mater the Greater
In Mater the Greater, Al Oft appears briefly at the beginning of the short, above the stadium.
In Cars 3, Al Oft, with a new paint job, is seen flying above the Motor Speedway of the South.
Al Oft is an Aaron Fullogas, a fictional blimp make and model in the Cars universe. "Fullogas" is a play on the words "full of gas" or "full o' gas."
Al Oft is painted grey, with blue and yellow lining. He has the "Lightyear" logo on each side.
Profiles and statistics
- "Al is high on life. As an endorsement billboard in the sky for the Lightyear Tire company (proud sponsor of the Piston Cup), he loves to provide those grand images high above the track. He's just happy that his job sends him to great sporting events, because he always has the best seat in the house!"
Names in other languages
- Polish: Al Zeppelin
- Al Oft is a reference to the real life "Goodyear" blimps. Rather than the "Goodyear" logo, Al has a logo saying "Lightyear," referencing Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story.
- His name is a pun on "aloft."
- His back portion reads "PAS1" as a reference to Pixar Animation Studios.
- Colin Cowling has some resemblance to Al Oft.
|Cars: The Video Game|