Darrell "Bubba" Wheelhouse Jr.
|Make and model||
Next-Gen 2017 Race Car SA-3
Purple, yellow and dark blue
In Cars 3, Bubba joined the Transberry Juice team for the Piston Cup Racing Series, serving as a replacement for the previous racer, Markus Krankzler. He debuted in the mid-season at the Rustbelt Raceway where he finished in seventh place. Later he finished fifth at the Mood Springs Sputter Stop 350 at the Georgia Super Speedway and fifteenth at the Heartland Motor Speedway. He started from the nineteenth position during the Los Angeles 500 at the Los Angeles International Speedway.
Before the Florida 500 race, Bubba was interviewed on where he thinks Lightning McQueen could have been, as he was preparing for the race. He said that it would probably be the best if Lightning did not appear due to the end of last season, during which he had experienced a serious accident. He started the race from the 27th position. During the race, Cam Spinner ended up causing a crash between a majority of the racers, with Bubba maneuvering through the wreck He had finished the race 6th. After crossing the finish line, he, Danny, Chase and Ryan congratulated Cruz Ramirez on winning the race. He had made a joke that her blinker was on rather than directly congratulating her. A similar joke that McQueen pulled on Cal Weathers during a race in the 2016 season.
Bubba Wheelhouse is Next-Gen 2017 Race Car SA-3. He, like most Piston Cup racers, used Lightyear tires. His eye color is blue. He has a purple livery, with a blue stipe on the hood and around his side windows. On his doors he has a yellow stripe that transitions into a bunch of circles. He has the number 6, painted in yellow, on his doors and roof. He has dark blue spots on his hood and on the back of his sides. His rims are black. His headlights have a blue trim on them.
- Bubba Wheelhouse is a next-generation racer who has been racing nearly all his life and has been one of the youngest victors on the speedway. He runs a fast-and-furious but has his eyes on the prize. He is a champion for diversity, believing that all race cars deserve a lane on the track.
- source: Meet the Cars
- Bubba is named after his voice actor, Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr., whom is a professional stock car racing driver. He competes full-time in the NASCAR Cup Series. He additionally competes in Xfinity Series driving a car with number 6, same number, Wheelhouse uses.
- Racing number 6 was also used by: Cletus, Raoul ÇaRoule, Ishani and Markus Krankzler. Additionally number 06 was used by: King McKit and Hurricane Windbird.
- While Transberry Juice racers in Cars 3 used number 6, the racer from Cars, Lee Revkins used number 63.
- Bubba has been confirmed to have NASCAR crossover die-cast, being based off an actual NASCAR racer, but for some reason, there are rumors on YouTube about the diecast being released as "New For 2022", with somebody doing a wrong photo edit with wrong, different wheels on Bubba Wheelhouse and Lightning McQueen. Nobody knows how it will actually be like, but however, there is a corrected version re-edited by a YouTuber right here. And also there are rumors that Transberry Juice will change its name to "Torqueberry Juice".
- "Hey, Cruz! Your blinker's on!"
- source: Cars 3
- "Maybe it's best that he doesn't show up, You know how after last season ended?"
- source: Cars 3
- Darrell Wallace Jr. – Cars 3
Names in other languages
- Russian: Боб Ультрамотор (transcription: Bob Ultramotor)