|Place of residence|
Brawny Motor Co. Spark EA
Stock race car
Blue, white, black
In Cars 3, Carl Clutchen competes in the Piston Cup Racing Series during the 2016 season. In 2016, he had finished 5th in the Dinoco Light 350 race at the Motor Speedway of the South and 7th in the Iowa Hybrid 450 race at the Rocker Arms International speedway.
However during the midseason, with the rise of interest in high-tech Next-Generation series of race cars, that had better achievements on the tracks, he stopped competing in the Piston Cup and was fired by Easy Idle and got replaced by a Next-Gen racer, Harvey Rodcap, the current racer for Easy Idle.
Carl Clutchen is a Brawny Motor Co. Spark EA stock car with Lightyear racing tires. His eye color is blue. He has a blue livery with some white bold stripes on the back of his sides. He has the number 15, painted in black, on his sides and the roof and the logo of Easy Idle on his hood, boot, back and sides.
|Race track||Event||Finish position|
|Motor Speedway of the South||Dinoco Light 350||5th|
|Rocker Arms International||Iowa Hybrid 450||7th|
- The number 15 was also used by: Gordon, Jan Kowalski, Lexi Lowdown, Jan Nilsson, Lightning McQueen, Harvey Rodcap and Max Sharpwork.
- Other racers sponsored by Easy Idle were: Ruby Oaks and Harvey Rodcap.
- While he and Harvey Rodcap had used the number 15 in Cars 3, Easy Idle racer in Cars, Ruby Oaks, used the number 51.
- There is early concept art that presents Clutchen with the number 51 instead. The change could have been made because of Cruz Ramirez being given the number 51 in Cars 3, which could have been changed from the first concept of the movie, as the development had progressed.
Names in Other Languages
- Russian: Карл Клатчен (transcription: Karl Klatchen)