|Place of residence|
Next-Gen 2017 Race Car SB-9
Sports car, next-generation
Carstin Dillon is a Next-Gen 2017 Race Car SB-9. He had Lightyear racing tires. His eye color is brown. He is painted in bright yellow with a black gradient spanning across his sides and hood, along with black and red stripes covering the hood and roof. The number 3 is placed directly on the side panels in a bold font. The Sidewall Shine logo appears on the rear quarter panels, as well as on the black strip on the hood. He has silver rims.
- He does not appear in Cars 3, but instead he has been released as a diecast toy car by Mattel as a part of their collaboration with NASCAR.
- He is named after Austin Dillon, the NASCAR Cup Series driver who drives the #3 car for the 2021 season.
- His number, 3, is written in the same font used on Austin Dillon's car. This number/font combination is much more widely known for appearing on Dale Earnhardt's car.
- He is the only next-generation car with a logo that hasn't been redesigned after the replacement of the previous generation of race cars.
- Racing number 3 was also used by Antonio, Arturo, Fletcher and Caleb Worley. Additionally, racing number 03 was used by Turbo Towtree.
- The Sidewall Shine racing team traditionally used the number 74 instead. However, the number 3 was chosen for Carstin as a reference to the number used by the Austin Dillon in 2021 on whom he was based.
- "Revealing NEW Cars with NASCAR Drivers Austin Dillon, William Byron, & Chase Elliott | Pixar Car" on YouTube by Pixar Cars, 9 February 2021