- "Headlights, monsieur, headlights?"
- —Celine Dephare, Cars 2Celine Dephare is a French headlight vendor car that runs a shop in the streets of Paris, France. Dephare has a distinct appearance due to having eyes where a typical car's headlights would be, rather than on her windshield.
In Cars 2, Dephare is first seen parked inside her headlight shop in the Marché Aux Pièces with her eyes closed. When Tow Mater, Finn McMissile, and Holley Shiftwell pass by. Mater quickly stops to inspect said shop, and questions the owner on what she is selling. Suddenly, Dephare both opens and reveals her unusual eyes to Mater while explaining that she sells headlights, which startles Mater, and he quickly drives away from the shop. Dephare tells Mater that she gives him a good price, but Mater says he's good. Mater then catches up to Shiftwell and McMissile.
Physical descriptionDephare has a red livery, though her body is relatively rusty. As a result of her unconventional eyes, she has no windshield, revealing her interior, which features real-world elements such as a rearview mirror, front and back seats, dashboard, and a steering wheel. Her model appears to be derived from a hard-top Alfa Romeo Spider.
Celine's license plate reads CUR 10 SIT3. Curiosité is the French word for curiosity, a word that reflects Dephare's appearance.
Personality and traits
- "Two for one! I give you good price!"
Names in other languages
|French||Celine Dephare||Celine of headlights|
|Polish||Celine Dephare||Celine Dephare|
- Dephare's character is a reference to how early concepts of Cars intended for vehicles' eyes to be on their headlights rather than their windshields, similar to other anthropomorphic vehicles, such as those featured in Chevron advertisements. The Pixar team, however, ultimately decided against this decision, instead choosing the windshield as the cars' eye locations.
- Celine is the first and only character in the Cars series to have eyes in place of her headlights.
- When translated into French, Celine's name means Celine of headlights.