Blue, white, black
Piston Cup racer
- "Don't take me out coach! I can still race!"
- —Chuck Armstrong, Cars
Chuck Armstrong is one of four cars who have raced for the Mood Springs team in the Piston Cup Racing Series, the other three being Banks, Dud Throttleman, and Ed Truncan. He is an Axxelo Fission, a model that resembles that of a Chevrolet Impala SS. He is painted dark blue, with the Mood Springs logo on his hood and the number 33 painted in white on his doors and roof.
In Cars, Chuck competes in the Dinoco 400 at the Motor Speedway of the South. During the race, an accident occurs between all of the competitors except Lightning McQueen, Chick Hicks, Strip Weathers, Mac iCar, Eugene Carbureski and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Chuck receives intense severe damage from the crash, and as Tow tows him away, Chuck interjects, claiming he is still able to compete. Chuck doesn't finish the race because of his crash; however, he's seen in the restart but was probably an animation error.
"Chuck Armstrong has always had a slight allergy to certain fuels. As a result those fuels make it a little difficult for him to be within a five foot radius of them. Once he started racing professionally, not only did the problem not go away, it actually got worse at high speeds. It got so bad the other cars didn't want to pass him. Chuck hopes he's a good example of how a problem can be an asset."
Names in other languages
|Polish||Czarek Buła||Cesar (Short name) Bun|
- When Chuck is shown flying through the air, he has a female voice, but when he speaks while being towed away, he has a male voice.
- Prototype images of Chuck's die-cast model incorrectly depict him as a Capitol Motors Verve XT. The actual release, however, remains accurate to his appearance in Cars.
- Chuck is one of only five of the thirty-six Piston Cup racers in Cars who have a speaking role, the others being Lightning McQueen, Chick Hicks, Strip Weathers and Dale Earnhardt Jr..
- In the 2018/2019 die-cast mainline, he is mistakenly called Dud Throttleman, which is actually the name of the veteran in Cars 3.