Yellow, later with blue
- "It's all about motivation, Mr. McQueen. You can use anything negative as fuel to push through to the positive!"
- —Cruz Ramirez, Cars 3
Cruz Ramirez is a sports car who, since 2018, competes for the Dinoco team in the Piston Cup Racing Series with the number 51. She debuts in the Piston Cup during the 2018 Florida 500 race as a replacement for Lightning McQueen in the Rust-eze team.
In Cars 3, after Lightning McQueen is forced out of the Piston Cup world following a devastating crash, he is taken to the Rust-eze Racing Center, where he is introduced to Ramirez. Excited to be helping out her idol in a "senior project", the two begin training to help McQueen grow to defeat Jackson Storm and the other next-generation racers at the Florida 500. She uses a voice command assistant named Hamilton, which she uses to track McQueen's speed during training sessions.
During their training, McQueen finds himself outclassing Ramirez at times, such as when McQueen tries to go as fast as Jackson Storm, but his treadmill is going very slow, and in a beach race when she spins out and is buried in sand, which she says the whole beach "ate" her, while McQueen has little trouble. Lightning also sees his former mentor Doc Hudson as inspiration, and the two visit the Thomasville Speedway, an abandoned Piston Cup raceway that was once the home of the Fabulous Hudson Hornet.
Additionally, McQueen and Ramirez go to a demolition derby stadium named the Thunder Hollow Speedway, where they compete in disguise under the aliases Chester Whipplefilter and Frances Beltline, respectively.
When the Florida 500 finally arrives, McQueen continues to struggle to overcome Storm throughout the race. Thinking quickly, he realizes that he can send Cruz into the race in his place, as long as she wears the same sponsor and number as him, which Ramone takes care of. McQueen serves as Cruz's crew chief as she tries her best to beat Jackson. Cruz utilizes techniques she learned while training with McQueen, such as weaving through other racers, which she learned by practicing with tractors in Thomasville. She also performs a flip move to pass Storm, allowing her to win the race, as Doc Hudson once did.
After her victory, Cruz decides to sign with Dinoco, replacing Cal Weathers as the Dinoco racer and taking Doc's old number, 51. McQueen decides to stay as Cruz's crew chief for the rest of the season, wearing a new paint job inspired by his mentor, the Fabulous Hudson Hornet.
Cars 3: Driven to Win
In Cars 3: Driven to Win, Cruz, in her Dinoco paint job, is one of six playable characters who are available from the start. She appears in most of the cutscenes with Lightning McQueen.
Miss Fritter's Racing Skoool
In Miss Fritter's Racing Skoool, Cruz is celebrating the achievement of her Piston Cup trophy with McQueen, when they both see a commercial starring Miss Fritter. However, the loud volume causes Cruz's Crazy Eight trophy to smash, much to her shock.
Personality and traits
Ramirez is described as optimistic, sunny, kind and fierce. As a racing trainer, she enjoys assisting other cars in improving their racing abilities, including Lightning McQueen, whom she greatly admires. She believes ones can use anger as motivation. She also wanted to become a racer forever because of Lightning McQueen, and in the end, she got her chance. She is also very sweet.
Ramirez is a 2017 CRS Sports Coupe with an aerodynamic venturi channeled chassis. Her High Performance DOHC V-6 engine correlates with her ability to go from 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, as well as her top speed of 210 miles per hour. Her license plate reads '"C01-06A". She also resembles a Chevrolet Corvette C7.
While training with McQueen, Cruz has a yellow livery with the Rust-eze Racing Center emblem on her doors. When she competes in the Florida 500, she is given a yellow spoiler, and Ramone paints Rust-eze decals and the number 95 on her. Following her signing with Dinoco, Cruz has the Dinoco logo on her doors and hood, as well as the number 51, the same number as the Fabulous Hudson Hornet, Ruby "Easy" Oaks, and Aikens. While racing at Thomasville and Thunder Hollow, Ramirez has the number 20 painted on her doors.
- Cars 3
- Cars 3: Driven to Win
- Die neue Allianz Autoversicherung
- Miss Fritter's Racing Skoool
- Stig vs Lightning McQueen
Profiles and statistics
- "Cruz may be on Jackson's side of the age gap, but she is on Lightning's side of the conflict. As a lifelong fan of McQueen, she is optimistic, sunny, fierce, and friendly — and now, she is his new, younger coach, coming to Lightning's aid with stars in her eyes when he shows up at the Rust-eze Racing Center."
- "Cruz Ramirez is a top-notch trainer at the Rust-eze Racing Center, where she's assigned to train the team's talented rookies. Her unconventional training methods have helped many young Piston Cup racers meet their goals on the track. Cruz once had racing dreams of her own, but it isn't until she meets Lightning McQueen that she realizes that her passion to compete is still there. Now she'll finally get the chance to see if she's got what it takes to win.
- Vehicle model: 2017 CRS Sports Coupe
- Top speed: 210 mph
- 0-60 mph: 3.8 seconds
- Engine Type: High Performance DOHC V-6
- Chassis: Aerodynamic Venturi Channeled
- Body: Lightweight alloy
- For this subject's image gallery, see Cruz Ramirez/Gallery.
- "There you go!" - Cars 3
- "I am so excited that I get to train you. I grew up watching you on TV!" - Cars 3
- "These young guys are great and all, but I like a challenge." - Cars 3
- "In fact, I call you my senior project." - Cars 3
- "I'll be back in a few." - Cars 3
- "We'll work up to the higher speeds right after you take your nap." - Cars 3
- "How was your nap, Mr. McQueen?" - Cars 3
- "Does this make you mad?" - Cars 3
- "The beach ate me." - Cars 3
- "I used to watch you on TV, flying through the air. You seemed so fearless." - Cars 3
- "I wish I knew what that felt like." - Cars 3
- "You won't talk me out of this Mr. McQueen, I'm going back, I resigned as your trainer." - Cars 3
- "He is alive..." - Cars 3
- "Hey, isn't that your old crew chief?" - Cars 3
- "I'm a fluffy cloud." - Cars 3
- "Are you sure you have time for this?" - Cars 3
- "Doc would be proud of me." - From the alpha version of Cars 3: Driven to Win
Names in other languages
- Bulgarian: Крус Рамирес (transcription: Krus Ramires)
- Chinese (simplified): 克鲁兹·拉米雷斯 (pinyin: Kèlǔzī Lāmǐléisī)
- Chinese (traditional): 克魯茲·拉米雷斯 (pinyin: Kèlǔzī Lāmǐléisī)
- Czech: Cruz Ramirézová
- Japanese: クルーズ・ラミレス (romanisation: Kurūzu Ramiresu)
- Korean: 크루즈 라미레즈 (romanisation: Keulujeu Lamilejeu)
- Russian: Крус Рамирес, Круз Рамирез (transcription: Krus Ramires, Kruz Ramirez)
- Spanish: Cruz Ramírez
- Ukrainian: Круз Рамірес (transcription: Kruz Ramires)
- Her license plate indicates Cristela Alonzo's initials and birthday.
- 656 controls were made to create her expressions and motion: 360 for the body and 296 for the face. 216 alone were used for her mouth, lips, teeth and tongue.
- "'Cars 3' Disney Pixar Cars 3 the Essential Guide". DK Books.
- Cars 3 first look: Meet Pixar's new millennials
- Cars 3 reveals new details about Kerry Washington, Nathan Fillion and Lewis Hamilton's characters
- Lead the Way
- "Meet Cruz Ramirez - Disney/Pixar's Cars 3" on YouTube
- "Cars 3 - Official US Trailer" on YouTube
- Meet the Cars (2017)
- Getting Geeky With Lightning McQueen - 'Cars 3' Fun-Facts
|Cars 3: Driven to Win|