- This article is about the race car. For the voice actor, see Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (person).
|Dale Earnhardt, Jr.|
|Place of residence|
Stock race car
Red, black, white
Dale Earnhardt, Jr., also known as Junior or Dale Jr., was a stock race car, that was a racing driver who, around early 2000 competed in the Piston Cup Racing Series with the number 8. He started racing in the Piston Cup in 2000 and won the Piston Cup Rookie of the Year award that year. He also was awarded the title of The Piston Cup Most Popular Driver 4 times between 2000 and 2006. In 2006 he competed for the Dale Earnhardt Inc. company, which he owned.
In Cars, Dale competes in the Dinoco 400 at the Motor Speedway of the South. When Chick Hicks causes a huge crash, Dale is involved in the wreck, he slides and hits the wall. Dale finishes the race around the middle positions.
Dale attends the tie-breaker race between Weathers, Hicks, and McQueen at the Los Angeles International Speedway, where he wishes Weathers good luck prior to the start of the race.
Dale also appears during the film's epilogue, where he, Strip, and Lynda Weathers visit the Racing Museum in Radiator Springs. While touring, Dale voices his admiration of Doc's win record during a single season. When the three visitors ask Mater about Doc Hudson's current whereabouts, he informs them that he and McQueen are out practicing at Willy's Butte.
Dale is an Axxelo Fission, which is identical to the NASCAR Chevrolet Monte Carlo. He is painted red with the number 8 painted in white on his doors and roof. He has the Dale Earnhardt, Inc. logo on his hood, as well as his fenders, and several Piston Cup sponsor stickers on his doors.
Personality and traits
Despite the large amount of attention that Earnhardt receives, he is actually shy and reserved, and enjoys spending quiet time with his friends and family. Dale speaks with kindness and respect, often expressing care for his fellow racing stars. He is also kind and caring.
Profiles and Statistics
- "Racing sensation Dale Jr. has wasted no time gathering victories and creating a commanding track presence since winning Piston Cup Rookie of the Year honors in 2000. His drive and charisma have scored with fans too -- he's earned The Piston Cup Most Popular Driver award four years running! But when it's all said and done he's just a shy guy, who enjoys quiet time with his friends and family."
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. - Cars
- "Hey, King! Good luck in your last race. You've sure been an inspiration to me." - Cars
- "I just hope Lightning's OK. I sure would hate to see anything bad happen to him." - Cars
- "Wow. Unbelievable. That many wins in a single season." - Cars
- Junior is based on NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt, Jr., who voices the racer in Cars. Dale's physical design is based on the Chevrolet Monte Carlo that Earnhardt, Jr. drove from his Sprint Cup debut through the end of 2007. The Cars character's appearance is nearly identical to this car, with the exception of the Budweiser logo, which was changed to a "Dale Earnhardt, Inc." logo to prevent controversy regarding the presence of an alcohol trademark in a G-rated film.
- Junior is one of the few racers from Cars who didn't reappear in Cars 3. This is probably due to the copyright issues with the Dale Earnhardt Inc. licensing.
- The number 8 was also used by Levi Mitchan.
- There was a planned Micro Drifter for Dale however it didn't release. This most likely due to copyright issues.