White, black, red
Piston Cup racer
Davey Apex, (sometimes also referred to as Dave Alternators), is one of three racers for the Re-Volting racing team in the Piston Cup Racing Series, along with T.G. Castlenut and Aaron Clocker. He is a Crown Celesta that is painted red, white and black, with the number 84 painted in white on his doors and roof. He has the Re-Volting logo printed on his hood. Re-Votling fires Davey and replaced him by T.G. Castlenut in the events of Cars and Cars 3 and was given a new team number, but was replaced too by Aaron Clocker.
In Cars, Davey is seen racing at the Motor Speedway of the South against the likes of Lightning McQueen, Strip Weathers, Chick Hicks and many others. When Chick Hicks creates a huge accident in hopes of leaving Lightning McQueen in the dust, Davey is one of the first cars to be hit, and suffers some minor damage, noticeably, he is hit by Kevin Racingtire, then Manny Flywheel.
Profiles and statistics
- "Davey Apex has always dreamed of being a professional race car. Sure he's never come in higher than 20th or 21st, but it's still the life he's always dreamed of. He loves the cheering fans and the squealing rubber on asphalt. The only part he doesn't like is the racing part which is probably why he's never come in higher than 20th or 21st place. See Davey's just not competitive by nature. If someone wants to pass him, he lets them. I mean why be rude?"
- In Toy Story 3, the batteries Lotso's gang used for gambling are branded with Re-Volting.
- His racing number, 84, is the same as Mac iCar's.
- In the 2016 Cars diecast mainline, his name was Dave Alternators.
- In the 2018 diecast mainline, he is mistakenly called T.G. Castlenut, which is actually the name of the veteran in Cars 3
- His name resembles that of the 1992 Daytona 500 champion Davey Allison, who passed away in 1993 at Talladega.
- Despite his bio saying he never finished higher than 20th he finished 17th in the Dinoco 400.