The Disney Store Die-Cast Line is a toy line that the Disney Store launched in 2006, and has been releasing several characters from the Cars movies, in the form of 1:43 scale die-cast. It also releases 1:55 scaled die-casts at times.
The Disney Store Die-Cast Line was launched in 2006, a few months before Cars hit theaters. There were 12 initial die-cast releases, as well as pullbacks and light-up vehicles, and a few playsets.
The die-casts were sold in a red blister card up until 2009, when the acrylic case packaging style was introduced. They featured a different name tag and background for every character.
When Cars 2 was released in 2011, over twenty new models hit the market, and throughout the next two years, many other models were released including "Chaser" cars, models with a limited production run.
In 2017, the Disney Store started making Cars 3 die-casts to coincide with the film.
Mater and the Ghostlight
Planes: Fire & Rescue
- First "Combat Ship" - Finn McMissile with Guns, Grem with Gun, Acer with Guns
- New "Combat Ship" - Hydrofoil Finn, Welding Torch Gremlin and Petey Pacer
- "Oil Rig Keycharger" - Finn McMissile, Grem, Acer
- Lights and Sound Cars Launcher Set Lightning McQueen and Chick Hicks
- Lightning McQueen and Chick Hicks RC 2-pack Racetrack Playset
- Lightning McQueen
- Radiator Springs McQueen
- Doc Hudson
- A 22-pack was released, including a mix of Cars and Cars 2 characters called "World of Racing". In Europe, it is only a 20-pack due to Brent and Darrell not being included.
- Lee Revkins was produced as an acrylic box single in very limited numbers, and was distributed to very few stores, making it extremely rare.
- Skipper's wings are changeable from flat-top mode to flight mode, while Franz's wings are changeable from driving mode or flight mode.
- Grem is referred to as "Gremlin", and Rasta Carian is referred to as "Rastacarian".