|Doc and the Law's Race 'n' Chase|
Radiator Springs Courthouse & Fire Department (Levels 1-3)
In Ornament Valley Airport (Levels 4-6)
At the end of the second bridge in Tailfin Pass (Levels 7-9)
18 Bolt Banners in total
Each level unlocks the next (save for the final one)
The objective of the game is to tag the opposing player, and then return to the goal. To prevent the other player from reaching their goal, one must tag them by driving into them, and then immediately turn around and begin making their way to their goal. The first one to reach their respective goal while being "it" will win the game.
At the bottom of the screen is a meter that indicates how far away the opposing player is. The smaller the icon is, the farther away they are, and the larger the icon is, the closer they are.
Lightning is the player's character in all nine levels of the story mode, although there are more choices in arcade mode.
- Try to tag your opponent!
- If you get tagged, chase and tag your opponent before they reach the goal!
- Reach your goal first to win!
|Level||Track basis||Goals||Opponent||Bolt Banners|
|Radiator Springs Circuit||
Player: Right before the entrance to Tailfin Pass
Opponent: In the Radiator Springs Drive-In Theatre
|Fillmore's Nature Preserve||
Player: At the entrance to the forest
Opponent: Near the bridge toward the exit of the preserve
|North Willy's Butte||
Player: Under the stone bridge
Opponent: In front of Sarge's SUV Boot Camp
|Ornament Valley Airport||
Player: In front of the Ornament Valley RV Park
Opponent: At the end of the runway
|Inside the Turkey||
Player: In the middle of the turkey
Opponent: In front of the entrance to Radiator Springs
|Rustbucket Grand Prix||
Player: Inside of the first Rustbucket Tunnel
Opponent: To the left of the Ornament Valley RV Park
|Wheel Well Circuit||
Player: At the end of the gulch
Opponent: Inside the mountain
|The Upper Mine||
Player: At the end of the banked left turn
Opponent: Inside the second mine
Player: A little away from the split shortcut
Opponent: At the Boulder Wall
Names in other languages
- Despite the final three levels taking place in Tailfin Pass, the preview icon depicts Fillmore's Nature Preserve, a location in Radiator Springs.
- Vince is the only character who appears in more than one level in the story mode as the opposing player.
- Text found within the game's data states that Snot Rod was initially intended to be the player's opponent in the fifth level, but was replaced with Luigi as his high acceleration abilities would make him next to impossible to beat. According to the text, Sarge, Gudmund, and Emma were also considered as choices for the opponent.
|Cars: Mater-National Championship|