Yellow, dark blue, white
Wings Around the Globe racer
Scandinavian racer Gunnar Viking started out as an air ambulance. When a sports reporter noticed his speedy flying times, he traded his sirens for racing stripes.
Planes: Fire and Rescue
In the opening, Gunnar Viking was racing with Dusty Crophopper, Little King, LJH 86 Special, Tsubasa, Antonio, Gordon and Hammer. Later, he visited the Grand Fusel Lodge during its grand re-opening weekend. He wasn’t seen during the evacuation, though it can be assumed he made it past the fire safely.
Profiles and statistics
- Originally from Copenhagen, this Skandinavisk Aero champion started out as an air ambulance – flying medevac operations between hospitals in Helsingør and Stauning. With his sirens on, Gunnar Viking would make the 270-kilometer flight in just twenty minutes. This went unnoticed until a Copenhagen sports reporter calculated that this meant that Gunnar was flying 510 miles per hour between the two cities - five miles per hour faster than unlimited-class racers. That's when Gunnar Viking traded his sirens for racing stripes.
- Fonzarelli and Gunnar Viking seem to have the same color scheme.
- He appears in the Blu-ray exclusive animation for the song "Ein Crop Duster Can Race".
- Even though his color scheme confirms he is Swedish, the book Meet the Planes once claims Gunnar is from Norway, but later, the same book states that he is originally from Denmark.
- Meet the Planes: Fire and Rescue. Disney Books.
|Planes: Fire & Rescue|