Dark blue, maroon
Victor Hugo's Transporter
- "Sounds like you need some roadside assistance."
- —Ivan, Cars 2
Ivan (pronounced ee-van, not eye-van) is one of Victor Hugo's workers.
Most tow trucks just look tough, but Ivan is really tough. From his front grille to his rear hook, he's built solid. What else would you expect from Victor Hugo's personal chauffeur? The rumor that he demolished a subcompact with one drop of the tow boom may sound preposterous, but it's absolutely true. Still, every tough truck has a weakness and for Ivan it's helping a pretty sports car with a flat tire. All she has to do is give a wink and a shy smile, and he's read with "roadside assistance".
In Cars 2, Ivan is a blue tow truck who works for Victor Hugo. He is Victor's personal transportation, towing him place to place. He also serves as a bodyguard. During the film, Mater disguises himself as Ivan to infiltrate the lemon meeting being held in Porto Corsa to get info. Holley Shiftwell tazes Ivan before this so he doesn't blow their cover. He later regains consciousness, and captures Holley. When Mater was trying to get Lightning McQueen's attention in a crowd, the lemons grab him with Ivan taking his place. He is attacked by Mater in the end when he tries to get McQueen, and is arrested in London with the lemon employers.
Cars 2: The Video Game
Ivan is painted dark blue, with a maroon tow strap and bumper. He has a black grille, chrome rims and orange lights on his roof.
Ivan resembles a 1956 Chevrolet 4100 tow truck.
His license plate reads PN-217-63.
- 1:55 Scale Diecast (Kmart mail-away)
- Ivan is the ninth Pixar villain to be physically fought.
- Ivan shares a model that is almost the same as Mater's model. Other differences between them are that they have different eye colors, and Ivan doesn't have buck teeth.
- Alexander Hugo: "Gremlins. Man, those are some ugly cars. Look like someone stole their trunks!"
(Alex, Ivan and the other black Hugos laugh.)
Holley Shiftwell (Italian accent): (something in Italian). "My grand-a father has-a broken down. If-a one of-a you would help, I would be so thankful."
Ivan: "Sounds like you need some roadside assistance."
Alexander Hugo: "She was talking to me, Ivan!"
Ivan: "Oh, really? Prove it!" (hits Alexander Hugo)
Holley Shiftwell (still Italian accent): "No, no, no! Don't-a fight over me. Signore Tow Truck, per favore."
- —Alexander Hugo, Ivan and the other black Hugos meet Holley, who they don't know is a spy.
- "How is your grandfather?"
- —Ivan, when he captures Holley.
- "In England, you'll be finished! At the finish line."
- —Ivan's warning to Lightning McQueen.