|Jerry Recycled Batteries|
Recycled Batteries lorry
|Place of residence|
1981 Peterbilt 362
- "Mack? I ain't no Mack! I'm a Peterbilt, for dang sake! Turn on your lights, you moron!"
- —Jerry Recycled Batteries, Cars
Jerry Recycled Batteries was an articulated lorry that worked as transporter for Recycled Batteries.
In Cars, when Lightning McQueen wakes up in the middle of the highway after falling out of Mack's trailer, Lightning attempts to find Mack, and notices a truck turning on one of the exits. Lightning, believing he is Mack, starts rushing towards the hauler, only to discover that it is actually Jerry. The Peterbilt scolds Lightning for mistaking him for a Mack truck, and grumpily drives off.
Jerry is a large 1981 Peterbilt 362, a model that is based on a Cabover Engine Peterbilt 352. Although he is rather a bit rusty, his maroon color is still visible, which is present on both him and his trailer. On his cap and trailer doors are pictures of recycled batteries. He has a grey bumper and rims.
Personality and traits
Jerry is grumpy and temperamental, and gets angry easy, especially when others mistake him for a Mack truck.
Profiles and statistics
- "Jerry's a pretty easygoing guy. Nothing makes him happier than running routes on the open road. No one to report to, no need to wash. It's the best! There's only one thing that can set him in a bad mood, and that's being mistaken for a Mack truck. After all, he's a Peterbilt and proud of it!"
- Joe Ranft - Cars
Names in other languages
- Polish: Jarek Jaknówka
- Russian: Джерри Аккумулятор (transcription: Dzherry Akkumulyator)
- Jerry is Joe Ranft's final speaking part for Pixar before his death, since Red did not have any dialogue in the film except for crying noises.
- The designs on his trailer were designed by John Lasseter's son.
- In Heavy Metal Mater, His Recycled Batteries hat has a white background.
- In the Lost deleted scene, he rather often resembles a 1947 Chevrolet/GMC chassis cab.