Piston Cup racer (former)
Junior (by the Thomasville townsfolk)
- "Time to spread some dirt down on the track."
- —Junior Moon, Cars 3: Driven to Win
In Cars 3, along with Smokey, Louise Nash and River Scott at Smokey's Automotive Service, he gives advice to Lightning McQueen during the latter's recovery. In the movie, "Midnight" explains to McQueen how he discovered how to drift at Daytona. He also appeared in flashbacks with Doc Hudson during Doc's racing days.
Cars 3: Driven to Win
Junior Moon is an unlockable playable character in Cars 3: Driven to Win. Like most of the playable characters, he is unlocked by completing an uncertain amount of skill checks. He is the only playable character whose voice provider from the film returns to voice their character in the game.
- "Long before official stock car tracks existed, souped-up jalopies raced for fun on wooded back roads with only the moon to light their way. That's where Junior Moon got his start and his name. Junior raced by his own rules. Hud and all the other early Piston Cup Competitors truly loved to race with him."
- "I don't know how to win anymore. But I am not doing it anymore, so I'm not gonna win." - Cars 3
- "Not for long." - Cars 3
- "Yep, that'll do." - Cars 3
- "My friends call me Junior. Pleased to meet you." Cars 3: Driven to Win
- "Think I'll wait and see what today brings." - Cars 3: Driven to Win
- "I think I got the hiccups." - Cars 3: Driven to Win
- "Time to spread some dirt down on the track." - Cars 3: Driven to Win
- "Time to put this race to bed." - Cars 3: Driven to Win
Names in other languages
|Polish||Sam Ogon||Sam Tail|
|Russian||Сэмми Гон||Sammy Gon, sounds like "samogon" (самогон), meaning "hootch".|
- In concept art, his name is "Junior Jeffries".
- His racing number, 11, is also the number of Mario Andretti and Chip Gearings.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ryan McGee (March 29, 2017). "New 'Cars 3' characters inspired by NASCAR legends". ESPN.
- ↑ Meet the Cars
|Cars 3: Driven to Win|