Demolition Derby Queen
Mrs. The King
- "Whatever happens, you're a winner to me, you old daddy rabbit."
- —Lynda Weathers, Cars
Lynda Weathers is a former demolition derby competitor that is now The King's loving wife and Cal Weathers's paternal aunt. She is a 1974 Chrysler Town & Country station wagon, which is what the Petty family would travel in to watch Richard Petty compete in his races.
In Cars, Lynda is seen driving with her husband and Tex Dinoco, where she says that no matter what happens, her husband is a winner to her. When her husband gets hit by Chick Hicks at the end of the film, Lightning McQueen pushes the King over the finish line so he can retire with pride. Mrs. The King kisses Lightning on the cheek, thanking him for helping her husband finish his racing career. In the movie credits, she and the King are seen touring Radiator Springs together. She asks to see and meet Doc Hudson, but Mater is unsure of his whereabouts at the present time but assumes he is out racing, most likely with McQueen.
Profiles and statistics
- "Lynda was a demolition derby queen and the toughest lady in her class - that is, until The King stole her heart with his gentlemanly charm. It wasn't long before she turned in her roll cage for a two-car garage in the country with her sweet "Daddy Rabbit."
- Lynda Petty - Cars
Names in other languages
|Polish||Linda Zasłodka||Linda Zasłodka|
- Merchandise releases refer to her as "Mrs. the King", and Mater calls her by that name in the credits of Cars.
- According to a Car-Finder entry, she and Luke Pettlework's wife are in a bowling league together.
- It is possible she is deceased by the events of Cars 3 due to her potrayer's death in 2014.