- Not to be confused with the voice actor.
Mario Andretti is a veteran race car that is considered one of the most universally successful racers in history. He is a 1967 Ford Fairlane that appears in Cars. He is painted blue and tan, with a grey front bumper and grille. He has red rims, with black tire threads and the number "11" painted in white on his doors.
In Cars, Mario Andretti attends the tiebreaker race in California. He is greeting the security guards when Fred, a rusty car with his name printed on his licence plate, rolls up and greets Mario. Mario replies, "And good morning to you, uh, Fred." Fred then happily takes this as the fact that Mario Andretti knows his name, and excitedly informs Marco Axelbender of it.
Profiles and statistics
- "Mario Andretti is considered one of the most universally successful racers in history, and has done it all! Name a race circuit, series, or track and you can be assured that Mario has garnered victories on every one of them. Not many cars know this, but Mario is actually an old friend of Doc Hudson's. They were fierce competitors on the track, but good friends off the track. Mario is a former racecar that believes every day is a great day for racing."
In comicsIn comics Radiator Springs, Luigi say that Andretti was Italian Formula One racer who came from Luigi's home town He was show in TV what Luigi and his 2 friends watching it and later on cover of magasine where was say that he won Beachside 500 on Beachside Speedway.
- Mario Andretti - All appearances
" And good morning to you... uh, Fred." - Cars
Names in other languages
|German||Mika Häkkinen||Mika Häkkinen|
|Spanish||Fernando Alonso||Fernando Alonso|
|Latin Spanish||Mario Andretti||Mario Andretti|
- He is based on, named after and voiced by Mario Andretti, a retired NASCAR and Formula One driver.
- In the Spanish version, he is voiced by Spanish Formula One driver Fernando Alonso, who also made a cameo as himself in the Spanish version of Cars 2.
- In German version he was named Mika Häkkinen, after Finnish professional racing driver, Mika Häkkinen, who was performer him in this launguage version.
- ↑ There wasn't say that was Carsoli, which first appear in 2011 movie Cars 2 and was hometown of Luigi in it.