- Not to be confused with the real-life person.
|Mario Andretti (race car)|
Motovun, Kingdom of Italy
Mario Andretti is a veteran racecar that is considered one of the most universally successful racers in history.
In Cars, Mario Andretti attends the tiebreaker race in California. He greets the security guards when Fred, a rusty car with his name printed on his licence plate, rolls up and greets Mario. Mario replies, "And good morning to you, uh, Fred." Fred then happily takes this as the fact that Mario Andretti knows his name.
Mario is a 1967 Ford Fairlane, the car the real Mario Andretti used to win the Daytona 500. He is painted blue and tan, with a grey front bumper and grille. He has red rims, with black tire threads and the number "11" painted in white on his doors.
Mario is a very famous race car.
- He is based on, named after and voiced by Mario Andretti, a retired NASCAR and Formula One driver.
- In the Spanish version, he is voiced by Spanish Formula One driver Fernando Alonso.
- Marco Axelbender: (to Fred) "Hey, you! No admittance without a garage pass!"
Fred: "Oh, it's okay. Lightning McQueen knows me!"
Mario Andretti: "Hey, Marco, it's a beautiful day for a race, isn't it?"
Marco Axelbender: "Absolutely, Mr. Andretti."
Mario Andretti: "And good morning to you, uh, Fred."
Fred: "Mario Andretti knows my name!" (to Marco) "You gotta let me in now!"
- —Mario Andretti with Marco and Fred at the tie-breaker race in Los Angeles.