Purple with Germany's flag
German Race Car / World Grand Prix Racecar / WTcL Racer
Max Schnell is a character in Cars 2.
Max Schnell started as a humble production sedan from Stuttgart, Germany. An avid amateur racer, Max would practice alone in the back roads of the dense Black Forest—a trek that eventually caught the eye of a racing team owner. Soon Max was on a professional circuit, bearing the #4, and as his horsepower increased, he converted himself to carbon fiber, dropping his weight and getting into prime racing shape. He’s won more races at Motorheimring than any other World Torque Champion League car in history. A naturally brilliant engineer, he used logic and analytics to refine his build, and plans to approach the World Grand Prix in the same perfectly calculated manner.
Max has a massive German flag on the top of him. Max was the third and the last car whose motor exploded in the Tokyo race. In the Porto Corsa race, he along with Miguel Camino crashed into Shu Todoroki. After time comes Raoul ÇaRoule with Rip Clutchgoneski and crashed into Max. Max was fixed in the London race and raced into the 5th position behind Miguel Camino and Lewis Hamilton. In the Radiator Springs Grand Prix, Max was seen following Nigel Gearsley to the 7th position.
- Make model: Handmade
- Top Speed: 160 mph
- Zero – 60 mph: 3.8 seconds
- Engine Type: 4.0-liter V-8
- Horsepower: 470
Max is based on a DTM Racer. He also resembles the BMW M3 GTR.
- Besides Lightning McQueen, he's the only WGP racer that is a handmade model.
- "Schnell" is a German word meaning "Fast". Max Schnell's name could be translated as "Maximum Speed".
- Max Schnell has on his hood the inscrption "WTCL", which represents the name of his racing league, the World Torque Champion League. It is an allusion to the WTCC, the World Touring Car Championship. However, Max's design apparents him to the DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters), another type of touring car racing.
- Max's pit stop crew chief is an Audi TT named Otto Bonn.
- On Max's tires reads "TRU-TREAD - Traction A Temperature A - P215/65R15 89H", a recurring inscription on the tires of many characters of Cars 2.
- Max Schnell's body was reused for Vitaly Petrov, Frosty, Memo Rojas Jr., Flash, and Long Ge.
- Although silent in the original verison of Cars 2, Max speaks in Cars 2: The Video Game.