Purple with Germany's flag
German Race Car / World Grand Prix Racecar / WTCL Racer
Like all World Grand Prix racers, Max Schnell participated to all three races of the competition, as well as to the Radiator Springs Grand Prix. In Cars 2, he was first seen at the party in Tokyo, with the other racers. Max's performance in the W.G.P. was really good. In Tokyo, Max went up to the third position on the dirt section followed by Nigel Gearsley, but started falling behind afterwards. And at the beginning of the Tokyo race, he took at first the 1st position. But after time, he was passed by Francesco Bernoulli, Lightning McQueen, Carla Veloso, Shu Todoroki, and Jeff Gorvette. Near the end of the race, at the last meters to the finish line, he was the third race car to be nearly destroyed by the Lemons' camera, as his engine was blown by the machine. In the Porto Corsa and London races, he was seen both times following Miguel Camino from the 5th to 4th position. In Porto Corsa, during the huge crash, he tries to brake before the pile-up, but fails and violently collides into Miguel Camino and Shu Todoroki. Soon afterward, Raoul ÇaRoule and Rip Clutchgoneski crash into them. However, he apparently got fixed, and raced in London, and then appeared at the Radiator Springs Grand Prix, where he was seen before the race begins.
Sebastian SchnellIn the German version of Cars 2, Max Schnell is renamed Sebastian Schnell, and voiced by Sebastian Vettel. He replaces Jeff Gorvette, and becomes the racer that, along with Lewis Hamilton, meets Lightning McQueen at the World Grand Prix welcome party. But Jeff Gorvette still appears in the races.
This is part of a localization of Cars 2 in six countries.
- Besides Lightning McQueen, Max is the only WGP racer that is a handmade model.
- Max's name comes from the German "mach schnell", which translates as "hurry up".
- Max Schnell has on his hood the inscription "WTCL", which represents the name of his racing league, the World Torque Champion League. It is an allusion to the WTCC, the World Touring Car Championship. However, Max's design apparents him to the DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters), another type of touring car racing.
- Max's pit stop crew chief is an Audi TT named Otto Bonn.
- On Max's tires reads "TRU-TREAD - Traction A Temperature A - P215/65R15 89H", a recurring inscription on the tires of many characters of Cars 2.
- Max Schnell's body was reused for Vitaly Petrov, Frosty, Memo Rojas Jr., Flash, and Long Ge.
- Although silent in the original version of Cars 2, Max speaks in Cars 2: The Video Game.
|Cars 2: The Video Game|