|Place of residence|
Stock race car
Turquoise, orange, white
Olympics Relay Race (1984)
Sputter Stop (1980s–2016)
Gold medal in Olympics Relay Race
Murray Clutchburn was a race car, that used to compete in the Piston Cup Racing Series for the Sputter Stop team with the number 92. He started his sports career as a member of the 1984 gold-winning Olympics relay race team.
Murrary got his start in sports as a member of the 1984 gold-winning Olympics test track relay race team. The momentum of the Olympics carried him straight into mainstream professional racing and a flourishing career in The Piston Cup series.
In Cars, Murray competes during the Dinoco 400 race at the the Motor Speedway of the South, which was the final race of the Piston Cup season. During the race, he took part in an accident between almost all of the competitors that was caused by Chick Hicks, during which he ended up on his roof and got slammed by Ralph Carlow. He was able to continue racing and finished the race.
In Cars 3, Murrary was still competing in the Piston Cup until 2016, when in the midseason, when Jackson Storm made his debut. Due to Storm, interest in Next-Gen race cars rose as they had better achievements on the tracks. Sputter Stop either fired Murrary or Murrary retired on his own got replaced by Sheldon Shifter.
In Cars, Murray Clutchburn is a Stodgey Suaver EX stock car with Lightyear racing tyres. His eyes were blue, he had dark green livery with orange designs on his hood, roof and doors. He had the Sputter Stop logo on his hood, and the number 92 painted on his roof and doors. He also had an orange spoiler, black rims, and a black grille. In Cars 3, Murrary's appearance changes drastically as he looks like a Capitol Motors Mark II or an Axxelo Fission. However his paintjob remains similar to the first film with the only difference being the headlights as now the number 92 is under one instead of being on it.
- Murray Clutchburn's first taste of competition was as a member of the 1984 gold-winning Olympic test track relay team. You might recognize him from specially marked boxes of Wheelies Shredded Brakes! The momentum of the Olympics carried him straight into mainstream professional racing and a flourishing career in The Piston Cup series. Lauded for his classic image, Murray sometimes sports his signature exhaust side-burns that made him such a hit with the ladies back in the day.
- source: Car Finder
- While in most appearances, including Cars, he was presented as Stodgey Suaver EX, in Cars 3, his model was changed to Capitol Motors Mark II.
- While in Cars he has blue eyes, in Cars 3, they are grey. Additionally his 1:55 scale diecast toy model depicts him with brown eyes.
- When Chick Hicks starts an accident in Cars, he hits Winford Bradford Rutherford, who then hits Murray, but after the scene where Chick says "Get through that, McQueen!", James Cleanair is in Murray's place.
- Competition number 92 was also used by: Sheldon Shifter.
- Other racing cars that where sponsored by Sputter Stop were: Randy Lawson and Sheldon Shifter.
- On Murrary's 2021 die-cast release his artwork on the package is his Cars 1 artwork however the die-cast itself is his Cars 3 version.
- Polish: Mietek Palsprzęgło