Pink, red, white
Rochelle is one of the racing competitors in the Wings Around the Globe competition. She is El Chupacabra's love interest.
Rochelle is a tough racer and the pride of the Great White North. Always confident and capable, she got her start running mail to small towns in Quebec, picking up home remedies for mechanical maladies along the way. She also developed a knack for fast travel that ultimately inspired her to give air racing a try. Rochelle never looked back (this competitive contender doesn’t need to). She is relentlessly pursued by charmer El Chupacabra, but steadfast Rochelle is much too focused on winning the race to return his affections.
Rochelle is a tough, confident and a focused racer.
Rochelle is painted white, pink and red. Her racing number is #22.
Rochelle's design is a combination of a LearAvia Lear Fan's fuselage, a French built Fouga Magister jet trainer's V-shaped tail, a Williams V-Jet II's cockpit windows, and a Cessna 402's wing-mounted turboprop engines.
Rochelle is a famous air racing champion from her home country of Canada.
- 1:55 Scale Diecast (normal, French; French coming soon in US)
- Micro Drifters
- Disney Store Diecast Line
- Tomica (Sakura)
- A sponsor on Rochelle's body is Powder Propellers.
- For 11 international releases, Rochelle's nationality and paint job are changed. In the Australian trailer, we also see Dusty telling El Chu, "That's Rochelle, the Australian rally champ." This line is different in some countries where Rochelle isn't from Canada, along with the other lines that mention her nationality and have her speak her language. She was also voiced by Jessica Marais in the Australian and New Zealand versions. She is additionally renamed in some versions, like "Carolina" in the Brazilian version, "Tanya" in the Russian version, "Heidi" in the German version, "Azzurra" in the Italian version, "Sakura" in the Japanese version and "Yún Yàn Fēi" in the Chinese version.
- The Japanese actor of Sakura was Naka Riisa (仲里依紗), while the Chinese / Putonghua actor of Yún Yàn Fēi was 昱头 (Yù Tóu).
- This could also imply why Rochelle doesn't appear in Planes: The Video Game which it is possibly because it would have been difficult to put Rochelle's changes in the international versions of the game along with her voice actresses.
- In the Polish version, she is voiced by Anna Dereszowska.
- In the Brazilian version, she is voiced by Ivete Sangalo.
- For some reason, the kangaroo on Australian Rochelle's body isn't carified.