Finish Sheriff's Chase
A second boost tank
Rustbucket Race-O-Rama is an event in Cars: The Video Game.
- (Lightning McQueen finds Mater going back and forth hitting a barrier.)
Lightning McQueen: "Mater, you realize of course, most cars do not do that on purpose."
Mater: "Well, I gotta practice for my race. I'm a real racin' car now!"
(McQueen looks up at the sign)
Lightning McQueen: "The Rustbucket Race-O-Rama, huh? Lemme guess. Demolition derby."
Mater: "Yep, it's my favorite racin' track in the whole world. Well, it's a family tradition!" (Then he looks at his right.) "Look! There's my cousin Tommy Joe right there!"
(Tommy Joe comes over)
Tommy Joe: (yelling) "New guy!" (hits McQueen)
Lightning McQueen: "Ow! What're you, crazy?!"
Mater: "Aw, he just done give you a hoodbutt. That's Tommy Joe's way of sayin' hey."
Tommy Joe: "Howdy!"
Mater: "I got an idea! Lightning! You wanna help us for our big race?"
Lightning McQueen: "No, I think I'll sit this one out."
The race is 12 laps long. Each lap takes about 20 seconds to complete. the player controls Mater, and the opposition is Tommy Joe, Lewis, Judd, Cletus, Buford and Zeke. The player will get 5 trophies for placing first, 3 for second and 2 for third.
The track is a figure-8 located inside the Rustbucket Stadium. The turns are banked and if racers don't stay on the inside, they'll cling to the wall and crash. Players also must be careful on the second ramp, as they may easily crash into an opponent flying off of the first ramp. Opponents will usually crash into the wall after the first ramp on purpouse, giving the player an advantage.
- (Mater leaves the race)
Lightning McQueen: "Wow, Mater, I thought my races were rough, that was. . ." (he stops for a moment and notices something) "You're missing a tooth!"
Mater: "I am? No, I didn't have no teeth there before! Hey, Lightning, I won you a present!" (throws a boost tank in front of McQueen) "Check this out, I know how you love this boosty stuff!"
Lightning McQueen: "Wow, thanks, Mater! Hey look, you didn't have to take all that abuse just for me, you know."
'Mater: "Abuse? That was fu-un! And besides, what're best friends for anyway?"
- Rustbucket Race-O-Rama takes the least time to complete of any 12-lap race in Cars: The Video Game.
- When the cars are shown lining up in the cut scene, Tommy Joe and Cletus are shown in opposite starting spots, Tommy Joe should be to the left of Zeke and Buford and Cletus on the right.
- The boost tank Lightning receives in the end scene matches one worn by Boost.
- There is a confirmed glitch where somehow, an opposing car can do a lap in only four seconds. Even with cheat codes, a lap on this track should not be any quicker than fourteen seconds.
Names in others languages
- Polish: Rzęchościg or Wyścig przerdzewiałej maski