This article or section contains spoilers regarding an upcoming or recently released product. For those who would like to avoid said information, please turn back or proceed with caution.
- "You'll never be the racer you once were. You can't turn back the clock, kid, but you can wind it up again."
- —Smokey, a few Cars 3 trailers
Smokey is a Piston Cup legend and the owner of Smokey's Automotive Service. He is a Hudson pick-up truck that is painted reddish-orange, with a brown flatbed. His character is a tribute to legendary racing mechanic, Smokey Yunick.
In Cars 3, Lightning McQueen visits Smokey's Automotive Service seeking advice from Smokey and other former Piston Cup legends, including Louise Nash, River Scott, and Junior Moon. Smokey helps McQueen and Cruz Ramirez during their training at the Thomasville Speedway. He was Doc Hudson's trainer during his days on the dirt track and taught him everything Doc passes to Lightning. Smokey shows McQueen his collection of letters from Doc, detailing McQueen's success. He agrees to train McQueen and Cruz for the Florida 500. He is present when Cruz rejects Sterling's offer after the final race.
Cars 3: Driven to Win
Smokey is an unlockable character in Cars 3: Driven to Win, which he only appears in his "Heyday" paint job. He becomes playable after the player completes 124 skill checks.
Personality and traits
Smokey at first seems grouchy and grumpy, but inside he is really caring for others and is always ready to have some good time with old friends. Smokey is also a car that will say what's on his mind.
- Chris Cooper - Cars 3
- "You'll never be as fast as Storm, but you can be smarter than him." - Cars 3
- "You will never be the racer you once were. Accept it." - Cars 3
- "We've got some work to do!" - Cars 3
- "Guido, turn up the heat!" - Cars 3
- "Hud. Saw something in you, you don't even see in yourself." - Cars 3
- "Go make Hud proud!" - Cars 3
- "We've got some work to do!" - Cars 3 Rivalry teaser trailer
Names in other languages
|Polish||Kazimierz Szpachel||Casimir Spatula|
- Bob Sorokanich (April 7, 2017). "How Disney Pixar's Cars 3 Pays Loving Tribute to Four NASCAR Heroes" Roadandtrack.com.
|Cars 3: Driven to Win|