- "Yo, check me out!"
- —Sonny, Cars: The Video Game
Sonny is a race car from Queens, New York that debuted in Cars: The Video Game. When Sonny and his fellow gang members Vince, Lenny, and Barry first arrived in Radiator Springs, they were recruited by Chick Hicks to challenge Lightning McQueen, but later stayed in town to compete in more races.
He appears to be a 1971 Plymouth GTX 440+6 that is painted entirely grey, with the exception of a number 0 painted on his doors, surrounded by a white circle. While Sonny has no air intake in any other versions of Cars: The Video Game, he has one in the Wii version.
Cars: The Video GameIn Cars: The Video Game, Sonny appears as an opponent in the races Ornament Valley Circuit, Tailfin Pass Circuit, Chick's Challenge, and Ornament Valley GP, typically placing in the 2nd-4th positions. He also appears as one of the speeders that Sheriff must catch in the "Delinquents" level of the minigame Sheriff's Hot Pursuit, alongside Wingo and DJ.
Cars: Mater-National ChampionshipIn Cars: Mater-National Championship, Sonny appears as an opposing racer in four different events; on a team with Gudmund and Barry in Team Relay #2, in Inside the Turkey, in Stadium Race #2, and on a team with Otto and Vince in Team Relay #3.
Sonny is also seen during the cutscene that plays when the player enters Tailfin Pass for the first time. Lightning is crossing the bridge into Tailfin Pass when Koji and Otto speed by, with Sonny and Vince trailing far behind, questioning whether or not they have entered the right competition for their skill level.
- "Get a load of this move, eh!" - Cars: Mater-National Championship
- "Oh yeah, that's good. Where's the dance floor?" - Cars: Mater-National Championship
- "Forget about it, no way!" - Cars: Mater-National Championship
- "It's all in the moves." - Cars: Mater-National Championship
- "Yo, who are these guys?" - Cars: Mater-National Championship
Names in other languages
- Sonny's official artwork from Cars: The Video Game depicts him with a different spoiler; the sides are facing downward instead of upward.
|Cars: Mater-National Championship|