The Thomasville Speedway is an abandoned Piston Cup race track where Cruz Ramirez helps train Lightning McQueen during his recovery after his nasty accident. According to the sign, it is also the once home of Doc Hudson, and likely also a track where he raced as part of his 3 Piston Cup-winning campaigns.
- Dipstick's Motor Oil
- Foster's Shocks-N-All
- Smokey's Automotive Service
- Big Dan's Real Big Tire-Mart
Names in other languages
- Polish: Tor wyścigowy w Dychawicy
- Spanish: Autódromo de Thomasville
- Thomasville is primarily based on North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, located in a region known as "The Moonshine Capital of America" and home to the North Wilkesboro Speedway, one of the first NASCAR tracks.
- The Thomasville Speedway also may have taken some Occoneechee Speedway in Hillsborough, North Carolina, where Louise Smith (the inspiration for Louise Nash) made her racing debut.
- Thomasville could be named after Herb Thomas, a former race car driver who used to drive one of the real Fabulous Hudson Hornets.
- During the credits sequence there is a sign advertising the Thomasville Speedway that indicates it is in Georgia. Thomasville, Georgia is a real town in South Georgia, approximately 35 miles northeast of Tallahassee.