The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
December 12, 2008 (in theaters)
- Lightning McQueen
- Mia and Tia
- Ito San
- Teki and Paki
- Kabuto's Ninjas
- Kaa Reesu
- Bye Bye Kar
- The graphics and plot seems to be based on Tokyo Street Racing movies, along with The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift.
- Snot Rod is the only Delinquent Road Hazard not to be seen in this short.
- Cameos of Mike and Sulley from Monsters Inc. appear in this short in their monster truck forms as Mater slides out of the lobby.
- When Mater is celebrating after winning the race, we see DJ dancing to the music.
- The police car that chases Mater on his light said "Police" in Japanese.
- The police car says the same thing as Sheriff in the beginning of the short ("Get back here, you import punk").
- The cops love donuts as a food, and the donut is a drifting move in which to spin in a circle.
- This is the first Maters Tall Tale in which Lightning McQueen doesn't get in trouble.
- Even though there are Japanese songs, the last song is Korean.
- Buy n Large from WALL·E appears as the company selling "Lugnut in a Cup".
- Before Kabuto challenges Mater, a large screen has a news report on. It shows Chuki reporting something, in the same shot as she did in the movie when Lightning went missing, only Kabuto is in Lightning's place.
- Several brands that sponsored Piston Cup teams in Cars appear in Tokyo Mater on advertisements. These includes RPM, N20 Cola, Easy Idle, Vitoline, Nitroade, Mood Springs, Gasprin, No Stall and Gaskits.
- There is a Dinoco building seen when Mater comes out of the water.
- Kabuto, Yokoza, and several female characters briefly appear in Cars 2.
- The House of Donuts was later seen in Cars 2: The Video Game in one of the races.
- This is the only short where Mater doesn't have evidence that the event really happenened.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.