Red, orange, white
Pacific Flyer Locomotive
Trev Diesel is a freight train that appears in Cars. After the Delinquent Road Hazards accidentally release Lightning McQueen from his trailer, he wakes up in the middle of the highway and swerves through traffic as he tries to find Mack. Spotting a trailer that looks like him, McQueen takes an exit, and starts heading towards it.
However, Trev is coming down the railroad tracks, honking his horn, but Lightning refuses to stop and instead tries to beat him to the railroad crossing and just barely avoids being hit. However, Lightning soon discovers that the trailer is actually a Peterbilt, named Jerry Recycled Batteries, who grumpily drives away, criticizing McQueen for believing that he wasn't Mack.
Trev is a 1949 EMD F3 Trevithick Electro-Diesel Locomotive that is painted red and orange, with the Pacific Flyer logo painted in white across his sides.
Profiles and statistics
- "Working for Pacific Flyer Railroad, Trev Diesel, has seen a lot of changes along side his tracks. He's witnessed the coming of the Interstate and the disappearance of many of the small towns he used to pass through, but he's still going strong. He still loves pulling a long haul across the desert at night. It's so peaceful -- just Trev, the full moon, and the jackalopes."
Names in other languages
|Polish||Trev Diesel||Trev Diesel|
- The code on Trev's headlights, A113, is a code that is present in several Pixar films. It is a reference to the classroom where several Pixar animators attended. It also appears at other times in the Cars series, as Mater's license plate number, as well as part of Dexter Hoover's.
- In Planes: The Video Game, several trains that look similar to Trev appear on the Deadstick Desert landmark. However, these locomotives do not have red lines on their fronts, and the red paint on his front does not merge into the orange paint. The A113 code is also not present.
- Although Trev is obviously not related to Barry Diesel the two share the same surname.
- He has a diecast prototype but it got cancelled.