Hi! I'm RodRedlineM1 and I'm one of the World of Cars Wiki's administrators. This wiki has been my passion project for over seven years and I'm trying my best to make it the best it can possibly be. Unfortunately, my life is quite busy these days, so I don't really have the time to do so. Even though I don't edit as frequently as I would like to, I still check here very often, so don't hesitate to message me if you need anything.
I was obsessed with Cars as a kid, and when I got a little older, I found out about Wikia and started editing here. I wasn't very smart back then but still it didn't take me very long to figure out Wikimedia and how it works. I became an admin a few months after I joined and with a few others, we started cleaning up the wiki and making it what it is today.
My interest in the wiki has wavered a bit over the years because I was growing up (and still sorta am), and some of you know how that goes. There have been a couple points where I've felt this was a waste of my time, which might show from my long periods of inactivity or occasional rudeness. But, especially over this past summer, I've come to appreciate the fact that this site made up a good chunk of my childhood. I can't even tell you how much time and energy I've sunk in here just with the simple goal of making this wiki the best I possibly can. It all sounds sappy but I'm very grateful that I started editing here and for the friends I've made over the years. :)
By the way, I also founded the Monsters, Inc. Wiki in 2013 and that has always sort of been my secondary project. If you like Pixar and have the time to help out, it would be great if you join the mission over there as well!
Lately I've been doing a lot of a different things so I'm making this to keep things organized. Right now I'm working mainly on administrative stuff but hopefully soon I'll move on to mainspace content.
- Finish organizing categories and potentially make new ones.
- Write help pages and other documentation.
- Make the wiki more visually appealing and edit navigation.
- Play through Cars: The Video Game and write all content related to it, mainly the events.
- Sort through all images and videos and tag them with the FileSummary template. This will take forever so this is more of a side-quest...
Over Christmas break
I have a couple weeks off starting next week so I'm going to try and get some work done here
- Overhaul the main page and its templates to make it more appealing
- Change the wiki background, or at least the color of the red
- Re-write the rules. I did a terrible job writing them as they are and I need to simplify the system to make it less convoluted
- Do some other stuff with navigation/help pages? In general I want to focus on making the UI more accessible/appealing
This is my collection of Cars merchandise that I've accumulated over the years.
- Cars on DVD/BluRay
- Cars 2 on DVD/BluRay
- Cars Toons: Mater's Tall Tales for DVD/BluRay
- Planes for DVD/BluRay
- Planes: Fire & Rescue for DVD/BluRay
- Cars: The Video Game for Xbox 360
- Cars: Mater-National Championship for Wii and PC
- Cars: Race-O-Rama for Wii
- Cars Toons: Mater's Tall Tales: The Video Game for Wii
- Cars 2: The Video Game for PS3
- Cars: Fast as Lightning for my Samsung tablet, formerly my Android phone
- Planes: The Video Game for Wii U
- Disney Infinity for Xbox 360
- A very large collection of die-cast vehicles
- A few issues of the Cars official magazine
- The following books: World of Cars, Mater Saves Christmas, the Die-cast character guide, Meet the Cars, Meet the Cars 2, and The Planes Essential Guide. I also have digital copies of Meet the Planes and Meet the Planes: Fire & Rescue on my phone.