Robotic Stock Cars / Chick Hicks' Racers
- "Now we will see what this world has to offer."
- —VIN, Cars: Race-O-Rama
VIN are robotic stock cars.
The VINs are actually the Chick Hicks Racing Academy students. After being beaten by Lightning McQueen in Santa Carburera and Autovia, decided to turn themselves into super techno-equipped cars, ready to race against McQueen in Motoropolis. "VIN" is an abbreviation of Vehicle Identification Number. They speak primarily in robotic phrases like "The numbers compute."
In Cars: Race-O-Rama, they first appear in the cut-scene for Off Road Race 2, which depicts some of Chick's students driving into the MotorCo. building in Autovia and coming out the other side as VINs. From that point onwards, they appear in various race throughout the remainder of the story, eventually culminating in Sprint 2 having all the opponents be VINs. Unlike Candice, El Machismo, and Stinger, they don't appear in the ending cutscene, and thus don't apologize to Lightning McQueen for how they behaved.
Each is painted white, with a bar code on its doors. They have grey rims and a black grille.
- VIN stands for Vehicle Identification Number.
- The VINs are voiced by MacinTalk, like the Autopilot from Disney and Pixar's WALL-E.
- VINs resemble Mac iCar, The difference is that there are no sponsors and the 84 number is replaced by bar codes.
- VIN's number is the serial number of the Cars DVD (786936271898.)
- Judging from in-game concept art, VINs would have also appeared with the same shape as Claude Scruggs. They were still painted completely white and sported bar codes, but they also would have had numbers on either side of their bodies, just as a normal stock car would.