|Winford Bradford Rutherford|
Yellow, blue, orange, white
Piston Cup racer
Winford Bradford Rutherford is a race car that raced for the RPM team in the Piston Cup Racing Series. He is a Capitol Motors Verve XT which resembles a Ford Taurus. He is painted yellow, with the RPM logo on his hood. He had the number 64 and Piston Cup sponsors on his doors. He has a blue spoiler, and blue rims, with yellow on the outside.
In Cars, Winford appears as one of the thirty-six competitors at the final race of the season at the Motor Speedway of the South. After performing a PIT maneuver on Lightning McQueen, Chick Hicks finds himself a considerable distance ahead of him, but further increases the gap by bumping Winford into Murray Clutchburn, and it quickly becomes a crash consisting of all racers except for The King, Chick and McQueen.
Profiles and statistics
- Official bio
- "An Ivy League school may seem like an unlikely place to start in the racing world. But only a couple of years ago Winford Bradford Rutherford was grille-deep in physics books learning about momentum, velocity and anything else that would give him an edge on the track. His doctor and lawyer friends at the country club thought he was crazy, but the studying paid off. Winford is now a highly respected Piston Cup racer. He uses his vast knowledge of physics to cheat the wind and out-maneuver his fellow racers, who affectionately call him, "The Professor.""
Names in other languages
- Polish: Witek Zaszybki
- In Disney Infinity, there is a character named Pace Car who has some resemblance to Winford, with a few minor differences, such as the two numbers being the opposite way around.
- His last name "Rutherford" might be an homage to Ernest Rutherford, who was a scientist that discovered the nucleus. This might also be the reason why his nickname is "The Professor" and how he has a vast knowledge of science.
- In Cars 3, an unnamed racer participating in a 1950's Piston Cup dirt track race can be seen bearing Winford's racing number, #64.
- In the 2019 die-cast mainline, he is mistakenly called Bruce Miller, which is actually the name of the veteran in Cars 3.